PUBLIC UTILITY «DNIPROTEPLOENERHO»
OF DNIPROPETROVSK REGIONAL COUNSIL»,
CITY OF DNIPROPETROVSK
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES)
Project: District Heating Energy Efficiency Project
Sector: Municipal District Heating
Project ID No.: P132741
Ukraine has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in the amount USD 382 million under IBRD related Loan Agreement No. 8387-UA (USD 332 million) and CTF related Loan Agreement No. TF016327 (USD 50 million) toward the cost of Ukraine District Heating Energy Efficiency Project (hereinafter – the Project).
The Project will be implemented under general supervision of Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (hereinafter – Minregion). Minregion created a Central Project Management Unit (hereinafter – CPMU) for day-to-day management and coordination of the Project and provision of assistance to Utility Companies participating in the Project in disbursement issues, financial management, reporting and other Project related activities. CPMU shall be responsible for general coordination of activities and reporting under the Project. The implementation of the Investment Component and day-to-day management of the activities is the responsibility of the UDHEEP Utilities supported by Regional Project Management Units.
Implementation of the Project shall be regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No.1027 «On the Procedure of Initiation, Preparation and Implementation of Projects of Economic and Social Development of Ukraine Supported by International Financial Organizations» dated 26.11.2008, other legal acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Orders of Minregion, Project Operations Manual, etc.
Public Utility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk regional counsil, City of Dnipropetrovsk received a portion of the financing in the amount of USD 22`230’000,00 million equivalent toward the cost of the reconstruction of municipal district heating system and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Procurement Services – role of Procurement Specialist of the Regional Project Management Unit (hereinafter – “the Services”).
Procurement Specialist will work in close collaboration with respective technical specialists of Dniproteploenerho and RPMU, Bidding Committee of Dniproteploenerho, specialists of CPMU etc. with the purpose to prepare and manage procurement of goods, works, consultant and non-consultant services under investment component of Dniproteploenerho with ensuring the strict adherence to the procurement rules and procedures of the World Bank under the Project.
III. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Procurement Specialist shall perform the following tasks:
- Participate in preparation of the Project Procurement Plan, schedules of bidding procedures and make changes thereto
- For the purposes of the Project, provide documentation for all bidding procedures from beginning to end according to the rules of the World Bank, including procurement document filing, document harmonization with the Project Management Central Group, monitoring operation timeline, submitting and allocating procurement documents
- Prepare reports on procurements for the purposes of the Project
- Maintain databases and keep records of the goods and works procured for the purposes of the Project
- Perform other tasks as required for the purposes of the Project
Procurement Specialist shall report directly to the head of the Regional Project Management Unit.
V. PROVIDED RESOURCES
- A workplace equipped with a PC and telephone
- Access to the Internet, a photocopier, printer, and scanner
- Project related documentation
- Relevant documentation from the World Bank
VI. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in finance/economics/business law/management.
- Practical experience of procurement in projects of international financial organizations at least 2 years.
- Experience of procurement in power engineering sector will provide an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of IBRD rules and procedures relating to general project management and procurement practices.
- Fluent English, Ukrainian and Russian, including knowledge of economic, legal, financial and technical terminology relating to the Project.
- Advanced level of PC skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, email and database software
VII. LOCATION, DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The services shall be rendered during the implementation of the Project in the city of Dnipropetrovsk on a full-time basis until December 31, 2019 or until any other date as agreed by the parties.
Expressions of interest in Ukrainian language must be delivered to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject: «Individual consultant for Procurement Services» until december 18, 2015, 12:00 pm local time.
A consultant will be selected under IC procedure as set out in the World Bank Guidelines: “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011.