District Heating Energy Efficiency Project (UDHEEP)
Date: April 20, 2017
Loan No: 8387-UA
IFB No: UDHEEP-DNP-IFB-04
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in UN Development Business issue of September 8, 2014.
- Ukraine has received a loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in US dollars towards the cost of Ukraine District Heating Energy Efficiency Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward eligible payments under contract UDHEEP-DNP-ICB-04 for Technical Modernization of Boiler Houses in the City of Dnipro.
- Public Utility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council» now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the design, manufacture, testing, delivery, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of plant and equipment for technical modernization of seven (7) boiler houses (“the Facilities”) in the City of Dnipro. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011 as revised through July 2014 Corrigenda (“Procurement Guidelines”), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- Qualification requirements for Bidders, including members of joint ventures, subcontractors and manufacturers:
Average Annual Turnover: Minimum average annual turnover of one million US dollars (US$ 1 million) equivalent calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed, within the last three (3) years starting 1st of January, 2014.
General Experience: Experience under design, supply and installation contracts in the role of prime contractor, JV member, sub-contractor, or management contractor for at least the last six (6) years, starting 1st January, 2011.
Specific Experience: A minimum number of similar contracts specified below that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or sub-contractor between 1st January, 2011, and application submission deadline: at least two (2) contracts each with a value of at least six hundred thousand US dollars (US$ 600,000).
The similarity shall be based on the physical size, complexity, methods/technology and/or other characteristics described in Section VI, Employer’s Requirements. Summation of number of small value contracts (less than the value specified under requirement) to meet the overall requirement will not be accepted.
Substantial completion shall be based on 80% or more works completed under the contract.
For contracts under which the bidder participated as a joint venture member or sub-contractor, only the bidder’s share, by value, shall be considered to meet this requirement. In the case of JV, the value of contracts completed by its members shall not be aggregated to determine whether the requirement of the minimum value of a single contract has been met. Instead, each contract performed by each member shall satisfy the minimum value of a single contract as required for single entity. In determining whether the JV meets the requirement of total number of contracts, only the number of contracts completed by all members each of value equal or more than the minimum value required shall be aggregated
Financial resources: The Bidder must demonstrate access to, or availability of, financial resources such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments to meet:
(i) the following cash-flow requirement: one hundred forty thousand US dollars (US$ 140 000); and
(ii) the overall cash flow requirements for this contract and its current commitments.
Litigation History: A Bidder shall provide complete information on all the current and past litigations or arbitrations due to the contracts performed or contracts in progress for the last three (3) years. All pending litigation shall in total not represent more than thirty percent (30%) of the Bidder’s net worth and shall be treated as resolved against the Bidder.
History of non-performing contracts: Non-performance of a contract did not occur within the last three (3) years prior to the deadline for bid submission, based on all information on fully settled disputes or litigation. A fully settled dispute or litigation is one that has been resolved in accordance with the Dispute Resolution Mechanism under the respective contract, and where all appeal instances available to the bidder have been exhausted.
Personnel: The Bidder must demonstrate that it will have the personnel for the key positions that comply with qualification requirements established in Ukraine for respective profession and meet the following experience criteria:
|No.||Position||Total Work Similar
|In Similar Works Experience
|2||Fitter of Boiler Installations Equipment||10||5|
|3||Instrumentation, Control and Automation Engineer||10||5|
Subcontractors: Subcontractors/manufacturers for the following major items of supply or services must meet the following minimum criteria, herein listed for that item. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in rejection of the subcontractor.
|Item No.||Description of Item||Minimum Criteria to be met|
|1||Design works||At least two (2) years of experience in design of boiler houses or other heat and/or energy facilities|
|2||Boilers||At least five (5) years in manufacturing of industrial boilers|
|3||Pumps||At least five (5) years of experience in manufacturing of pumpsets|
|4||Diesel Generators||At least five (5) years of experience in manufacturing of diesel generators|
In the case of a Bidder who offers to supply and install boilers that the Bidder did not manufacture or otherwise produce, the Bidder shall provide the manufacturer’s authorization, using the form provided in Section IV (Bidding Forms), showing that the Bidder has been duly authorized by the manufacturer or producer of the related plant and equipment or component to supply and install that item in the Employer’s country. The Bidder is responsible for ensuring that the manufacturer or producer complies with the requirements of ITB 4 and 5 and meets the minimum criteria listed above for that item.
Margin of preference for domestic goods and/or contractors shall not be applied.
Additional details are provided in the Bidding Documents.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the following address (1) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. local time.
- A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders upon submission of a written application to the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of US$ 200.00 (two hundred US dollars) or UAH 5 400.00 (five thousand four hundred Ukrainian Hryvnia) to the bank accounts stated below. The document will be sent by airmail for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for local inland delivery or can be picked from the address (1) below.
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the Bank Standard Bidding Documents for Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, and Installation, revised April 2015.
- Bids must be delivered to the address (1) provided below before 11:00 a.m. local time June 08, 2017. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in the form of bank guarantee of at least US$ 15,000 (fifteen thousand US dollars) or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency. Electronic bids are not permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
- Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 11:00 a.m. local time on June 08, 2017 at the address (2), stated below.
- The addresses referred to above are:
Public Utility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council»
Attention: Mr. Anton Panfilov, Chief Engineer
Street Address: 7 Feodosiyivska Street
Floor/Room number: 2nd floor, Room 7
ZIP Code: 49005
Facsimile number: +3056-713-54-12
Electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Utility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council «
Street Address: 7 Feodosiyivska Street
Floor/Room number: 3rd floor, Conference Room
ZIP Code: 49005
For transfers in Ukrainian Hryvnia:
Account: 26009300001041 at the Branch — Dnipropetrovsk Regional department of State Savings Bank of Ukraine Public Joint Stock Company
Address: 115, Gagarina Avenue, Dnipropetrovs`k, Ukraine, 49050