REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Project: Ukraine District Heating Energy Efficiency Project (UDHEEP)
Loan No.: 8387-UA, TF016327
Assignment Title: Preparation of preliminary design and bidding documentation for reconstruction and technical modernization of boiler houses and installation of individual heat substations with reconstruction of heating networks in the city of Dnipropetrovsk
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): UDHEEP-DNP-CQ-02
Ukraine has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the District Heating Energy Efficiency Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services («the Services») include: Consultant’s execution of design works (stage P) related to complete replacement of main and supporting equipment of 20 (twenty) boiler houses, technical modernization of 7 (seven) boiler houses as well as Installation of 34 (thirty-four) individual heat substations with modernization of distributing heating networks (total length around 11,2 km) and preparation of bidding documentation for further selection of a contractor for the design works (stage “Work documentation”), supply and installation of equipment related to reconstruction and technical modernization of boiler houses and installation of individual heat substations with reconstruction of heating networks
The Services will be required over a period of eight (8) months starting from February 2016.
PublicUtility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast Council now invites eligible consulting firms («Consultants») to indicate theirinterest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services that will be assessed by comparison with other interested consultants.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- a) General qualification in the District Heating sector;
- b) The proposed experts shall have relevant experience from similar assignments including: (i) design of boiler reconstruction; (ii) substation reconstruction, and (iii) district heating network design;
- c) Qualification of key staff in the above –mentioned areas of expertise;
- d) Technical and managerial capabilities of the firm and proposed experts, responsive to officially established in Ukraine professional staff qualification requirements and having relevant valid certificates, permits and licenses required to carry out the Services (design works) in Ukraine as well as availability of experience in Ukraine would provide an advantage;
- e) Experience with projects financed by International Financial Institutions (World Bank, EBRD. EID, NIB etc)
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, from January 2011 and revised in July 2014″Consultant Guidelines»), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on the Conflict of Interests.
Consultants may cooperate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the «Selection Based on Consultants Qualifications» method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during business hours 8 a.m.–5 p.m. local time.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 03:00 p.m. March 11, 2016. Expressions of Interest should be submitted with indication of the following subject: «UDHEEP-DNP-CQ-02: Expression of Interest by [name of Consultant]» to the address below:
Municipal enterprise “DNIPROTEPLOENERGO” of Dnipropetrovsk Regional Council
Attn: Mr. Mykhaylo Masalov, Head of Regional Project Management Unit
49005, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
7, Feodosiivska str.
Tel/Fax: +38 0562 -47-02-13.