PUBLIC UTILITY «DNIPROTEPLOENERHO»
OF DNIPROPETROVSK REGIONAL COUNSIL,
CITY OF DNIPROPETROVSK
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTANT SERVICES)
Financial Management Specialist
Project: District Heating Energy Efficiency Project
Sector: Municipal District Heating
Project ID No.: P132741
Ukraine has received financing from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) in the amount USD 382 million under IBRD related Loan Agreement No. 8387-UA (USD 332 million) and CTF related Loan Agreement No. TF016327 (USD 50 million) toward the cost of Ukraine District Heating Energy Efficiency Project (hereinafter – the Project).
The Project will be implemented under general supervision of Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services of Ukraine (hereinafter – Minregion). Minregion created a Central Project Management Unit (hereinafter – CPMU) for day-to-day management and coordination of the Project and provision of assistance to Utility Companies participating in the Project in disbursement issues, financial management, reporting and other Project related activities. CPMU shall be responsible for general coordination of activities and reporting under the Project. The implementation of the Investment Component and day-to-day management of the activities is the responsibility of the UDHEEP Utilities supported by Regional Project Management Units.
Implementation of the Project shall be regulated by the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No.1027 «On the Procedure of Initiation, Preparation and Implementation of Projects of Economic and Social Development of Ukraine Supported by International Financial Organizations» dated 26.11.2008, other legal acts of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Orders of Minregion, Project Operations Manual, etc.
Public Utility «Dniproteploenerho» of Dnipropetrovsk regional counsil”, City of Dnipropetrovsk received a portion of the financing in the amount of USD 22`230’000,00 million equivalent toward the cost of the reconstruction of municipal district heating system and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the Financial Management Services – role of Financial Management Specialist of the Regional Project Management Unit (hereinafter – “the Services”).
Financial Management Specialist has to follow-up financial management of the regional Project component.
III. SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Financial Management Specialist shall perform the following tasks:
- Keeping record of transactions under sub-account of Public Utility
- Preparation of disbursement applications and submission to CPMU of Minregion.
- Preparation and timely submission of Project-related reports to other State authorities (the World Bank, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, Ministry of Economical Development and Trade of Ukraine etc)
- Perform other tasks as required for the purposes of the Project
Financial Management Specialist shall report directly to the head of the Regional Project Management Unit.
V. PROVIDED RESOURCES
- A workplace equipped with a PC and telephone
- Access to the Internet, a photocopier, printer, and scanner
- Project related documentation
- Relevant documentation from the World Bank
VI. EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in finance/economics/business law/management.
- Practical experience financial specialist, economist or accountant at least 5 years.
- Experience of financial management in IFO projects not less then 1 year;
- Experience in communal services sector would provide an advantage.
- Practical knowledge of IBRD rules and procedures relating to financial management
- Intermediate English, fluent Ukrainian and Russian,.
- Advanced level of PC skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products — Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, email and database software
VII. LOCATION, DURATION AND REMUNERATION
The services shall be rendered during the implementation of the Project in the city of Dnipropetrovsk on a full-time basis until December 31, 2019 or until any other date as agreed by the parties.
Expressions of interest in Ukrainian language must be delivered to the following e-mail: email@example.com, with the subject: «Individual consultant for Financial Services» until march 18, 2016, 12:00 pm local time.
A consultant will be selected under IC procedure as set out in the World Bank Guidelines: “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers” dated January 2011.